search
0

This academic year saw over 43 adult learners at Cirencester College gain a level 2 award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges.

“Having established a partnership with Cirencester Jobcentre, local statistics showed that the education sector is one with many unfilled vacancies within Cirencester and surrounding areas”, said Chris Smith, Adult Learning Project Co-ordinator at Cirencester College, “after identifying a need for more qualified practitioners within support work roles we delivered a Level 1 award in Preparing to Work in Schools. Following completion, our learners had the opportunity to enrol onto the Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges.”

Over the duration of the academic year, learners were provided the opportunity to network within key figures from local schools and gain an insight into the various support roles within their establishments.

Learners were also provided opportunities to work on other areas of continued professional development through optional additional courses including basic first aid, mental health awareness, employability skills, and maths and English.

One learner said, “I applied to this course because I wanted to broaden my horizons and become a Teaching Assistant and work with SEN children. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I learnt a lot on the course, and I have made some very special friends.”

Another learner said “This course has really made me want to pursue a career in this area. I have learnt so much academically as well as personally, too much to list, but I know I am able to achieve so much.”

This initiative will be continuing in September. If you are interested in these courses, or any of our other Adult Education courses including GCSE and Functional Skills Maths and English, ESOL, and AAT, please contact adult.edcucation@cirencester.ac.uk 

Close Menu