search
0

Photo: Ellie (left) with her T-level Construction classmates on a site visit 

Congratulations to Year 2 T-level Construction student, Ellie, who has recently secured a degree apprenticeship in Construction Management with ISG.

A degree apprenticeship was the perfect choice for Ellie, who wanted the experience of studying for a degree but also wanted to earn at the same time. Ellie did her research on degree apprenticeships available in the construction industry and came across the opportunities offered by ISG.

The application and interview process were extremely competitive, and Ellie did not actually get the original job she had applied for, however, she had clearly impressed the employers as they offered her an alternative role.

“I was very happy when I found out I got it, especially as a lot of people had applied”, said Ellie, “T-level Construction was a really good course and gave me so much valuable work and life experience. After I complete my course with ISG I would love to work my way up to Project Management and travel.”

Construction lecturer, Chris Lythgoe, said “Ellie didn’t have a clear idea of which profession to go into at the start of the T-level course, but approached all of the lessons and her work placement with enthusiasm and a mature attitude. She recently attended an inspirational talk by Ellen Freegard, a former Cirencester College student, who went on to become a successful project manager. Since then, she has been determined to find a suitable employer who will give her the widest range of opportunities possible. She found this in ISG. We look forward to inviting Ellie back to speak at College as her career progresses, and inspiring more students, particularly females, to follow in her footsteps”

Speaking on being a female in the construction industry, Ellie said “I know that I will have to work really hard, I was lucky to complete my work experience with another female student and it was positive to see that there were other females on site. Hopefully in the future even more females will come into the industry.”

For more information, please contact chloe.suter@cirencester.ac.uk

Close Menu